Meal prepping is the ultimate secret weapon for a bold, busy life. Why bother, you ask? That’s a silly question! Meal prepping takes the guesswork out of meal time. Smart planning for meals is like having a personal chef that makes healthy and delicious food for you, ready to grab and go at any moment. Overall, meal prep can be a useful tool for saving time, money, and improving your nutrition. Get your kitchen ready, grab your Tupperware, and let the meal-prepping magic begin.
Prepped, scrumptious layers
If you aren’t sure where to start, here is a simple recipe for a vegan jar salad:
1 cup cooked grain (such as quinoa, brown rice, or farro)
1 cup cooked legumes (such as chickpeas, black beans, or lentils)
1 cup diced vegetables (such as bell peppers, tomatoes, or carrots)
1/2 cup diced fruit (such as apples, pears, or mango)
1/4 cup nuts or seeds (such as almonds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds)
1/4 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or apricots)
1/4 cup vegan dressing or sauce (such as tahini, peanut sauce, or vinaigrette)
- Cook the grain according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Cook the legumes according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Dice the vegetables and fruit and place in a jar or container.
- Add the cooked grain, legumes, nuts or seeds, and dried fruit to the jar or container.
- Pour the vegan dressing or sauce over the top of the ingredients.
- Seal the jar or container and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- To serve, shake the jar or container to mix the ingredients together, then pour the contents of the jar onto a plate or bowl. Enjoy your vegan jar salad as is, or add additional ingredients such as greens or tofu for added protein.
Winning the meal game
Say goodbye to boring lunches, soggy salads, and fast food fiascoes! It’s time to embrace the meal prep magic. With a little planning and preparation, you can turn your weekly meals into a tantalizing taste adventure. Not to mention, you’ll save time and money, reduce waste, and take control of your health. So, grab your apron and let’s get ready to feast on the benefits of meal prepping!