Ah, your late 20s. What a time to be alive! It’s like the calm before the storm of responsibility that comes with your 30s. Goodbye carefree attitude, hello newfound sense of purpose!
What’s on the horizon for our late 20-something friends? It’s all about growth, baby! Personal and professional progress is the name of the game — whether it’s landing that dream job, finding true love, or finally figuring out what to do with that degree, the late 20s are all about making big moves.
The smart late 20s playbook
Here are a few things that experts say you should do in your late 20s to set yourself up for success in the future:
- Establish a budget and start saving: Your late 20s is a good time to establish a budget and start saving for your future goals, whether it’s buying a house, starting a business, or saving for retirement.
- Invest in your career: Take advantage of any opportunities to develop your skills, network with professionals in your field, and seek out new experiences that can help you advance in your career.
- Establish good credit: Your late 20s is a good time to start building a good credit score, which will be important when it comes time to make major purchases like a car or a home.
- Take care of your health: Your late 20s is the perfect time to establish healthy habits, such as regular exercise, eating a balanced diet, and getting enough sleep.
- Create a support system: Surround yourself with friends and family who will support you through the challenges you may face in your late 20s and beyond.
- Travel and explore new places: Your late 20s is a great time to travel, whether for leisure or for personal growth. This can be a great opportunity to meet new people, experience different cultures, and gain a new perspective on life.
- Start planning for retirement: Even though it might be far off, it’s important to start thinking about retirement and creating a plan for your future financial security.
- Reflect on your values and goals: Use this time to really think about what is important to you and what you want to achieve in the future, and make a plan to work towards those goals.
Level up before 30
It’s worth noting that these are just general suggestions, and everyone’s life is different. The most important thing is to do what feels right for you and what will bring you happiness and fulfillment. But let’s embrace this transition period and make the most of it. Who knows, we may even find ourselves looking back at our late 20s with fond memories, just like we do with our wild early 20s.