Avocado toast has taken the foodie scene by storm, and for good reason. It’s like the love child of bread and butter, but way more Instagrammable. Packed with healthy fats, it’s the perfect versatile meal for any time of day. Millennials in particular seem to love avocado toast: Countless articles have been written criticizing them for allegedly blowing their money on this brunch staple. But hey, it’s possible to make it yourself and save on the cost of living.
Ten tantalizing takes
If you go that route, avocado toast is a relatively affordable meal option. Give in to the trend and treat yourself to a slice (or two) of green goodness. Here are ten ways to enjoy it, served up fresh.
- Classic avocado toast with a sprinkle of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Smoked salmon avocado toast with a dollop of cream cheese
- Spicy avocado toast with chili flakes and a drizzle of hot sauce
- Tomato and basil avocado toast with a balsamic glaze
- Egg and bacon avocado toast for a delicious breakfast option
- Spinach and feta avocado toast for a flavorful and healthy option
- Mushroom and onion avocado toast for a savory twist
- Tuna salad avocado toast for a protein-packed option
- Salsa and cheddar avocado toast for a Mexican-inspired twist
- Peanut butter and banana avocado toast for a sweet and creamy option
An Avo-lanche of flavor
Hey, that last one is a little odd. But countless diners report they love it. Customizing is up to you: Be creative and play around with this meal to develop your own signature style. There’s no wrong way to enjoy your avo, at the end of the day. Or should we say, the beginning!